Fact: when we are sedentary for long periods of time, everything slows, including brain function (source: The Washington Post).
Look at these other facts…
- The evidence that sitting is associated with heart disease is very strong (source: NBC News).
- Sitting (and lack of exercise) is linked with symptoms of depression (source: Huffington Post)
- Too much sitting linked with chronic health problems (source: Web MD).
- Sitting has become the smoking of our generation (source: Wired Magazine).
It’s time we all realize one thing: our desk job is slowly killing us!
It’s also time that we can rise up (literally) and do something about this widespread phenomenon.
- Treadmill desks boost productivity (source:Forbes).
- When you stand, your body burns calories staying balanced (source: Seattle Times).
- Within the first 20 minutes of moving around, provide the most health benefits (source: Fast Company).
- Standing on weekdays burns more calories, like running 10 marathons a year (source: Lifehacker).
- Walking just two flights of stairs daily burns enough calories to melt six pounds a year (source: Readers’ Digest).
Here at US Fitness, we have taken all the above to heart (nice wordplay, ehh?). We now carry a full line of Active Workplace and Active Recreation products to help you remain active wherever you are outside of the gym: at home, at the office, at your home office! 🙂
Check out our full line of products online or come into one of our stores’ showrooms across North Carolina to test out a treadmill desk, standing desk and more!
As always, you can call us 919-875-1900 if you have any questions!